We are in the process of developing the next generation of tools for the musicians and we are looking for a motivated software engineer to join our R&D team. Are you interested in building a unique experience in developing apps for hardware products? Then you might be the one we are looking for! Band Industries is seeking a developer to manage the delivery and post-launch activities related to Android app development. You will work with a hybrid team involved with software, mechatronics, design and signal processing to ensure a seamless experience between the app and the hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build our Android application.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –analyze, design (UI/UX), build, test, deploy on different platforms (tablets and mobile phones), release and support.
- Development of test suites to test all aspects from calculation to usability.
- Performance profiling and optimization.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Invest time in learning iOS development as well as our cloud codebase and infrastructure.
Education and Experience
- Proficient with the Android SDK and Java development experience.
- Experience using Android tools including adb, logcat, emulator, etc.
- Solid understanding of Computer Engineering (OOP, Data Structures, Algorithms).
- Knowledge of Relational Databases such as SQLite, MySQL, Postgres or similar.
- Understanding of the fundamental principles that make up the Web.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux OS
Our perfect candidate will also have:
- Familiarity in developing iOS applications (objective-C and/or Swift).
- Published mobile applications on the App store and/or Google Play.
- Loves to play music.
- Understanding of electronics, embedded programing and mobile/hw interfaces.
- Full stack web development.
About the Company
Band Industries is a music technology startup building the next generation musicians’ toolkit.
Roadie Tuner — the company's first product — is an automatic guitar tuner that is both quick and easy to use, and three times more accurate than the human ear (www.roadietuner.com). Roadie tripled its crowdfunding goal on Kickstarter in 2013, raising about $180,000 in a month and a half. It also won TechCrunch Disrupt 2014 Audience Choice Award in New York, first prize at the Stars of Science reality TV show and has been featured on hundreds of media outlets online and in print including The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, BBC, Engadget, Techcrunch, and others.
Today Roadie ships worldwide and is present in some of the largest retail stores including Amazon, Guitar Center, Thomann, Brookstone, Sam Ash, B&H, and others.
Band Industries is currently developing new technological solutions that will enrich the lives of musicians, getting everyday closer to perfecting our product offerings and roadmap. This is a pivotal time in the life of Band Industries, with some game-changing product launches and growth in sight. Join us on this wonderful journey full with countless learning and growth opportunities in a positive environment, while collaborating with a young, exceptional and fun creative team.